Card Polyhedra - How to build platonic solids: tetrahedron,
cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, icosahedron using business cards.
- In the "Toys" category: Fractional Cake, Learn fractions
with this clever cake! Geometry Puzzles, Animal Cube Puzzles, Globe
Puzzle, Pirate Balance Game, Chess.
Lunch Box Design - Eco friendly triangular cardboard lunch
box that when opened has built-in plate. Clever.
- How to fold flexigons with and without templates. There are also
dodecaflexagons, tetra-dodecaflexagons, pentahexaflexagons and others
all with variations. Very cool!
- Very nice playable paper toy of a very popular sports arcade game,
- Our creation.
Playhouse - made from card board.
3DLDF Polyhedron Models
- Geometric paper folding by Dr. David Huffman is amazing. The paper
folding project is interesting as well.
Stacking Boxes - Very nice template and tutorial on how to
make stacking boxes to store your bits and pieces. He uses cerial
boxes as his material that gives the boxes a modern art/ warhol look.
I would think you could also use cardstock. Also see his really neat
a Frabjous project.
Build a Geodesic dome and learn the math behind it.
to Build a Geodesic Dome out of Cardboard
to Make Business Card Cubes
Game Board - Paper model replica of the Jumanji board from
the popular 1995 Jumanji movie.
Cubes by David Hathaway
- Fasinating geometric shapes.
- Beautiful Modular Origami by Meenakshi Mukerji. Go to Diagrams
in the left menu for free diagrams and instructions.
Your Own Dome Model
of Cubes and Dome
Calendar - Calendar on pentagon dodecahedron
Out Fonts - True Type fonts that you can print out and build
into 3D paper model letters of the alphabet!
with Polyhedra and Numbers
Model Creation Software and Makers:
- JavaGami. Has geometric shape paper models as well.
- Models and shareware for exploring and constructing polyhedra
- Program that creates 3-dimensional polyhedrons